Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lady With the Spaghetti Hair


Hiyaaa! So, for class, we were told to create a micro-fiction piece (500 words or less) based on a picture from Lisa Rae Winant's page. Usually the only fiction I write is serious and dark because it's what I'm most comfortable with, but I decided to try and take the humorous route. Hope you enjoy it! :)


I am the lady with the spaghetti hair. Everyone stares at me and my red and white striped bandana and the spaghetti that flows from my head. I try to hide the noodles in my bandana, but it just grows and grows so quickly that it just follows behind me and rolls up into a giant, wet ball of pasta! Sometimes the children in town will follow behind me and throw meatballs at me, and some will even follow with a fork and try to take some of my spaghetti. I’ve tried to cut it off, but the more I cut, the faster and longer it grows back!
            Having spaghetti hair isn’t as fun as you’d think – I need to wash it with marinara sauce and condition with parmesan cheese, or else it gets all sticky and then it gets hard as a rock! People will sometimes tell me to look at the bright of things; “you’ll never go hungry!” “Well,” I say to them, “how would you like to eat your own hair?!” I wish I could go somewhere everyone had spaghetti hair so I wouldn’t feel so alone. Maybe I’ll take a walk and keep going until I find that place. Or, maybe, at least a place where that Lady Gaga character lives, I saw her wear a dress and shoes made out of meat.
            Yes! That is where I will go. I will walk until I find her, and we can live in our spaghetti-hair and meat-shoes world together, and no one will bother us and we can just dance!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome micro-fiction with the spaghetti hair. I remember a story as a kid, which my dad would play the album all the time (before the story became a film), called "The Point." It was about a kid that was different than everyone else, and was picked on. Really good album if you have young kids. I guess the film is good too.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFlACG6qvI

    Pretty sure they sell it on amazon too! Thanks Lindsay. (I still have the cd, not the film though.)

    ReplyDelete